Did you notice that it's been a few months since I made a Round Up post? Turns out opening your own tattoo studio takes up way more time than I thought (I know I know, shocking).
I'm so happy to be over a full month tattooing at my new private tattoo studio, 508, in Toronto. It has been incredible to finally fully customize my client's tattoo sessions into the peaceful experiences I've always imagined. Obviously I loved tattooing at Black Cloud and I miss the team there soooo much, but there's just something so fulfilling about working in a quiet, uninterrupted space.
And funnily enough a large percentage of my clients at 508 have actually dozed during their tattoo sessions, which is amazing!
I'm still working on the decor a little bit. I have this huge metal shelving unit in the corner, that I have no idea what to do with, so any suggestions are welcome!!! I was thinking plants, but it's sooo tall I won't be able to water them.
Some things I didn't realise before having my own studio:
- How high credit card charges are! that percentage doesn't seem like much, but boy does it add up.
- Choosing the music everyday is actually the worst.
- How conscious I was of other people around me when in an open studio, there's a new level of zoning into my work now it's just me and my client each day.
New tattoo projects
These two tattoo projects are available!
Snake piece is obviously just an initial concept sketch and will be finished in my usual black work style with fine and bold linework(it will be incredible).
Contact me if you're interested in either of these!!!
A new mural
I completed a new mural in July!!! It's at a local mental health hospital, and they let me do (more or less) whatever I wanted. So I made this huge wildflower piece! I love making art this large...
(This was super hard to take photos of)
It took 3 days (including another small section that I don't have photos of), those walls are taller than they look.
Contact me if you're interested in your own mural!
On the blog
I wrote a lil' advice post for anyone thinking of getting their first (or a new) tattoo...
I saw Post Malone live for the second time a couple of weeks ago. What a great night. I met so many great people. I remember none of their names (other than Stacy obv)..
- Malone (the kitten) is still the greatest thing to exist and is the love of my life. She is going to be 1 on 14th August! You bet we're having a party! Don't worry there's a photo at the end of this blog post.
- Dominic Fike's, Sunburn might be my album of the summer (sorry Posty).
- The ROM's T-rex exhibit is worth it just to see how cute they've decided a t-rex baby is.
- I had fake nails for a short amount of time for the first time in my life, my god are they inconvenient.
- The Barbie movie is 100% worth watching.
- Revelstoke Kitchen (in TO) is my new favourite brunch spot.
Here's all the amazing projects I worked on during July, so many beautiful tattoos...
Thanks so much for reading,