Side note: I'm thinking of changing this to a once a month round up, and beginning a mid-month email with creative tips and advice / musings??
MIAMI ART WEEK
Don't worry, Malone was very happy with my friends Stacy and Sabrina for the 4 days I was gone (much love to them, also hardest days ever for me).
If you're not interested in me fan-girling over art, you might want to skip to the ‘In Other News’ section (there's also more Malone news down there)
I was lucky enough to be invited with my partners work (he's a sculptor) and the clients I had booked were kind enough to switch appointments 🙌, so I was able to tag along.
Basically during Art Week Miami the city is packed with exhibitions / installations / events and talks. It also comes with a whole load of partying, and general debauchery, but that wasn't on my agenda for this weekend (or ever tbh).
Instead mine looked a little more like this…
Day 1: Untitled exhibition// Scope exhibition // Art Deco district
Day 2: Art Basel (this thing is huuuuuuge, could easily spend multiple days just here)
Day 3: Virgil Abloh x Nike retrospective // Rubell Museum // Wynwood Walls
Day 4: Design Miami // Design district
I could make this newsletter veeeeery long if I write about my entire trip, so instead I'm just gunna add a bunch a photos of some of the art I got to stare at…..
the only photo I took for some reason
Saw so many women out painting, made me so happy
IN OTHER NEWS...
I'VE BEEN UP TO...
I'M DOING A SEMINAR!!
I'm going to be presenting my tattoo design process at the Brampton Library, Chinguacousy branch, beginning next week!
I'll be there on...
All at 6pm. I'm so excited! Sign up here!
I've set my dates for booking up February!
Priority// 26 Jan
Flash// 27 Jan
Custom// 29 Jan
Keep an eye out for newsletter reminders!
All my tattoo clients in January are getting these adorable 'Always Dreaming' stickers thanks to Sticker Canada.
There's a new blog post about them on my site!
A CUTE CARD...
I made this for my neice and nephew. I make and write them a card every year at Christmas.
This year's was sent a little late, but better late than never.
I went to see the little Canada exhibition downtown, and it's kind of AMAZING!!!
Seriously, it's random, but check it out!
IN OTHER NEWS...
- The Denyse Thomas as exhibition at the AGO is amazing, go see it
- The Leonard Cohen exhibit is also really interesting
- The Wildlife Photogrpahy of the Year exhibition at the ROM is beautiful, and much of it is heartbreaking
- The McMicheal gallery has a Rajni Perera exhibition I need to see
I'VE BEEN WATCHING...
In genuine real life! Turns out sports can be quite fun.
BONES & ALL
I'll sum this up the same way one of the other cinema patrons did...
WHAT THE FUCK
It's also beautiful, pretty big juxtaposition.
I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO...
Just in general as I went to see him play at History last week.
DUKE ELLINGTON & JOHN COLTRANE
Well mostly just In a Sentimental Mood on repeat...
ALL THE CHRISTMAS MUSIC
Figured I'd just make a specific section for all things Malone to make it easy (better) for all of us…
- She's still perfect
- And she's such a good girl at the vets
- She can get in the hammock unaided, and it is now hers. She owns it.
- Her current favourite game is chase ….and waking me up in the middle of the night, with her teeth (gently, but still, teeth)
- She's now 4.5lb! Or she was on 28th Dec, so she's probably even bigger now
- She's a raptors fan!!
- She has a new favourite playhouse …. the BATHTUB!!!
- She takes her toys in there and takes out the bath plug (It usually gets put in my bed)
- Buuuut she did fall in when it was full once. Poor baby. I think she learnt her lesson.
- She was veeeery spoilt at Christmas. Her absolute favourite is Bluey (see him below), he's from Stacy, makes a noise like a frog, and unfortunately already has a significant head wound.
- She was a very brave girl with the fireworks! I was very worried how she'd react, but she seemed to quite enjoy the harbourfront display. I think her ears act like little earmuffs.
These are the last of the pieces from 2022, I'm saving January's pieces til the end of the month!
KAYLA // 4 YEARS HEALED
ELISE // 2 MONTHS HEALED
AND THAT'S IT FOR NOW,