AFTERCARE - SANIDERM
Saniderm Bandage Guidelines
Remove Saniderm bandage after a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of 3 days.
- Remove in shower to help with adhesive
During the first 1-3 days (when/if your tattoo is still ‘tacky’)
- Only touch your tattoo with clean hands
- Wash the tattoo with gentle soap and warm water twice a day to remove any coagulated blood or lymph
- Pat dry with a paper towel
- Ensure all clothing touching the tattoo is clean
When your tattoo starts to dry up slightly
- Wash your tattoo at least once a day and pat dry with a paper towel
- Do not scratch your tattoo!! It will become itchy and flakey, this is normal. As it dries do not pick or rub any of the dry areas
- Apply ‘Unscented Lubriderm’ sparingly 2-3 times a day
- If your tattoo becomes very dry increase the frequency that you apply moisturiser but not the amount
- Do not soak the tattoo for at least 2 weeks (no bathing or swimming)
Continue until the skin is completely back to normal
If you have any questions or problems at all please contact me at email@example.com
DO NOT wear tight clothing, let your tattoo breathe
DO NOT scratch or pick your new tattoo
DO NOT soak your tattoo, especially in pools or hot tubs
DO NOT expose your tattoo to direct sunlight
ALWAYS use a heavy sunblock on your tattoos. Even when healed!
If you sweat whilst you have the Saniderm bandage on it is best to remove the bandage. Sweat can collect underneath and irritate your skin.
Every person heals at a different speed, there is no set time that your tattoo will be healed in
Only use after-care products recommended by your artist
Use mild, unscented soap such as Dr Bronners unscented castille soap
Please don’t consult google for aftercare advice!